Water Use Authorisations

This is a legal permit that is required as per section 21 of the National Water Act before one is allowed to impact or use a water resource.

Depending on the scale and impact of the water use, either a Water Use Licence (WULA) or General Authorisation (GA) will be issued. This requires submission of an application to the Department of Water & Sanitation.

Do you require a water use licence or authorisation?